Friday, May 27, 2022

Travel Blog: Day in Capri (5/26/2022)

 Today (5/26/2022), We woke up to take a ferry from Sorrento to Capri called the Blitz, which was my first time on a big boat!! It was so exciting and relaxing to be on a boat traveling across the ocean to Capri. feeling the wind on my face, seeing the boat bubble the water, and smelling the fresh air, were all amazing feelings. I don't remember how long the boat ride was but no matter how long it could have been I would have happily stayed on that boat. Once arriving in Capri we then transferred onto a smaller boat to take a tour around the whole island. We saw many important rock forms, arches, and places known on Capri. It took about an hour to travel around the whole island and I'll admit the water nearby was not the greatest smelling, yet the riding the waves and feeling the bumps and swaying made me giggle and smile, feeling like I was on a ride at an amusement park. Once we finished the tour we went into this cave where the water was a shining blue due to the sunlight reflecting onto the white sand on the bottom. The cave had like a pool of water in it, reminded me of a mermaid's pool so enchanting. we had to go on smaller boats to enter the cave as it was a small entrance but the man directing the boat sang, sounded like a male siren luring us in with his amazing angelic voice. To end the day in Capri we got free time to shop and eat, but also go to the beach which the food and shopping was expensive but the beach was surely a sight to see. Around 5 pm we made our way back to Rome going from Capri to Naples on a ferry then a two hour bus drive back to the hotel in Rome. All in all, it was an experience I'll never forget, and will hopefully go on more boats again soon. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...