Sunday, May 29, 2022

Discussion #1 Annmarie

 Due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not get the chance to visit Pompeii. I did, however, get the chance to explore the city of Sorrento a bit longer than my classmates. Unlike Rome, Sorrento was a beach town but equally filled with life. There were tons of small businesses selling everything you needed. A few of our group members and I bought a drink called limoncello. It is an alcoholic beverage made from lemon zest and is mainly produced along this coastline. To fit this theme, a lot of the shops sold other lemon-themed merch. Glass stores sold different kitchen equipment with lemons painted all over. A few stores had different styles of lemon salt and pepper shakers. Clothing stores had lemons on every clothing imaginable.  In every shop I have been to, the owners took pride in their stock and were more than happy to chat with me. Though I personally did not experience this, two of my classmates were handed an assortment of drinks and snacks to try. I was allowed to touch clothes, and hold different bottles of limoncello to decide what one I wanted. The store clerk was very happy to have me take my time and carefully pick out what bottles I would want to bring home. After deciding on two bottles, the owner carefully wrapped each individual bottle. The wrapping was so tender despite her wrapping with a speed that only comes with years of experience. You can tell she loved her job and all her customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...