Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Discussion 2 Colosseum

 Going to see the Colosseum was one of the highlights of the trip for me and a viewing experience I will never forget. Pictures do not to do the place justice as seeing it from just one side or from a distance was not enough. I felt like being there in person made the history come to life and seeing where the gladiators fought in person was like really being able to imagine how they went down. I felt with it also being a guided tour then just on our own was much more better as this is a very monumental location that going in with little knowledge would of not been enough. Hearing Dr. Rock talk about the stories being the colosseum and in such detail brought the place to life for me. While standing at the site, listening to her talk I could imagine Nero’s garden how it was destroy/covered up to become a place to watch fights and shows. Than later on with historians uncovering it and getting to see where the gardens were and the maze once there, was just made it all worth coming in person to see. All in all, seeing the location it self, as a whole and not behind glass like museum parts or in pictures made the viewing for me more worth my wild. Being able to walk around the whole colosseum, taking my own pictures from all angles, was better than any google search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...