Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Discussion 4: Statue of Centaur in Pompeii

 In Pompeii there was a particular statue that caught my eye, which at first I just called the horse man with a head in it. Later on by doing some research I discovered it is a centaur. I saw more pictures of it online and some were closer from on angle and even making it look like they were next to it. The viewing experience I got from it was definitely better then some picture as I could walk a full circle around it and see it from all angles and it was way higher then pictures. Looking up at the horse, seeing the head inside the centaur was better not only in person but being to look at it from all angles. It was missing pieces in certain places like the head, and then carved in was another person head in the middle of the body. This statue was not really in the guided tour so I had to look it up myself to know more about it. So seeing it first, being able to form my own questions and then doing my small finds, was amazing. I was able to say yeah I saw that, or oh that makes more sense. I really did enjoy seeing it and learning on my own more what this statue had to offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...