Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Discussion 5:Villa Giulia / National Etruscan Museum

 On May 24th the group and I visited  Villa Giulia / National Etruscan Museum where after a guided tour we got to walk around the museum ourselves and see things we would of not with being guided. My friend and I discovered these superhero fetuses made by a French artist Alexandre Nicholas. I got too these fetuses in only three angles not from behind or bottom, but it was in a special called synthetic crystal acrylic. Being in this glass made it stand out more and this is what this artist was also known for. Putting these fetuses in it could make the people walking around, catch their eyes and to learn more about it. These fetuses were to show the vulnerability of the superheroes but how they are in that pose to one day show their potential and what they have to offer the world. That’s how I saw it, the superhero’s in a state that makes them so fragile but seeing it enclosed in that glass dressed like their superhero outfits, made the viewing better. I felt like how it was in that crystal, shining in the lights and how it was formed, it was positioned in the right angle that you knew what the art was and could enjoy it from the way the museum put it. It was a marvelous viewing in all, and then seeing all the other fetuses was amazing too, I felt like the light the museum put it on made it stand out more and who needs angles if it’s a person, a baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...