Monday, June 13, 2022

May 30- Florence

 The train ride to Florence was around 2 hours. Once there, we were greeted with many different shops and restaurants. Our first quest was gelato. We sat outside our hotel and dove into an internet rabbit hole, comparing prices, reviews, and walking distance until we found the one. We decided to try a new spot called Amorino. To say we found the best gelato was an understatement. The shop sold the classic gelato flavors with macroon side dishes. Their signature dish was macroons filled with gelato. For less than a euro more, we could have our gelato topped with said macroon! Today I wanted something different. I elected to get a frappe, a gelato that was blended until it became a liquid consistency. The frozen drink was a perfect drink on such a hot day.

After our snack break it was time to shop. My inner child too ahold and I was drawn into a toy shop down the road from our hotel. I was delighted by the variety inside. Legos ranging from tiny figures, to huge airplane and other movie props. Puzzles of classic art pieces and scenery of local attractions alike. Being a VMT major, I was in awe of the assortment of stuffed animals. I treated myself to a life size squirrel plushie.

Finally, two adults and three of us students found a restaurant for dinner. We decided on a small restaurant called Nerone. After ordering, we spent hours discussing a range of topics. Us students reflected on the trip and talked about how we think it has and will change us. Once finished our meals, we got a quick gelato snack and went to bed, both belly and head filled with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Discussion #2 - Nija Simmons

Capri was one of the most beautiful islands. I enjoyed listening to the sound of ocean waves. The water was turquoise and clear. I went swim...